BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 2, 2009

Welcome to Scotland

Yes, the Adams are finally together in the beloved land of Scotland. It was a long journey, though a wee bit shorter than expected. While it took Kristen's visa four weeks to get processed, mine was here in two. Apparently someone was watching over me and I was able to get everything turned in correctly. A special thank you to my father-in-law who ran to the courthouse to get the necessary stamp on the marriage certificate and then mailed the completed application all between pictures at the temple and a wedding luncheon. And the week before he even managed to find this lovely coat of arms for our front door. It would have been cool if I was Scottish, but at least our kids will be.

As you can see we were quite happy to get back together again. Yes, two weeks of separation wasn't terrible, but it wasn't really ideal either. But I have loved being with my wife and finally starting our life together. We only have to answer to one another and we can take the bus whenever we want, even at 23:30. It just might become a habit, you know jumping on a random bus and seeing where it takes us. We might even drag a few of our visitors on a night bus journey through town (be prepared Jon and Sarah for you will be the guinea pigs). Though we should probably be careful, as I ended up in the red light district the other day.

Of course Kristen wasn't the only person excited to see me. While Kristen and I were waiting for the bus the other day I decided that I needed a photo by the bus arrival timetable. She snapped a few that she didn't like and then this dude came up and grabbed a hold of my arm. It was quite humorous and I decided that if people are crazy enough to do this here then of course I should love the place.

No visit to Scotland would be complete without a kilt and what better tartan than a tartan that doesn't really belong to anyone. I think I have almost decided upon the one above. Apparently purple is a great color for a men's sports team. I expect that I'll be buying a few more Scottish souvenirs, though this should be the first. I might eventually find a football jersey to use back in the states, or on the thousands of fields here in Edinburgh. Scotland has treated me well so far and it is even better to be sharing it with the girl I love. Cheers!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you made it safely, and quickly. You two are so lucky to share this adventure in the beginning of your lives together. Treasure it! Can't wait to read more updates of the other things you learn about Scotland :)