Some things of note:
1) I finally read The Great Divorce. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but can't really tell you why quite yet. Mr. Lewis always takes me some time to digest. But I highly recommend this book if you haven't already read it. A quote:
"There have been men before now who got so interested in proving the existence of God that they came to care nothing for God Himself...as if the good Lord had nothing to do but exist! There have been some who were so occupied in spreading Christianity that they never gave a thought to Christ."
A valuable reality check.
2) It's almost March. Do you know what that means?! We're that much closer to St. Patrick's Day! Which also means we're that much closer to the annual showing of Waking Ned Devine - one of my favorite films ever. In need of some evidence for the high praise?
Annie: "Have we won?"
Jackie: "No but it got me my apple tart brought in now didn't it."
The O'Shea's have an awesome marriage - the scene quoted above cracks me up, yet causes my heart to race all at the same time...and I've watched the film a bazillion times. We can't wait to celebrate some Irish ancestry (mine anyway) very shortly.
3) Ainsley's place is almost put together. There are owls, stars, and sweet chinese lanterns - meaning - there is some serious nocturnal awesomeness taking over in the room next door.
4) Steve became converted to sushi this week. The Red Dragon roll is to blame (or credit, depending on your view of raw fish).
5) John and Annie Glenn make a very classy couple. This week was big for the Glenns, and it was fun for Steve to be a part of it seeing how this former astronaut is a living mascot for Steve's college at OSU. A friend of mine recently posed the question, "What is love?" looking for a genuine response. The following story answers her question perfectly.
6) We have some very talented friends that recently rocked the Dayton Smackdown which we finally got to experience in person. Swing Columbus competed in Dayton this weekend and took home the trophy. You should check out their fabulous swing dance routine - the win was well earned.