BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter

This has been a wonderful Easter weekend.
We're far from family, yet we spent time with loved ones who have become like family.
As we sat with friends tonight and spoke of the significance of the Easter season, I couldn't help but think of Jerusalem.


On one of our last nights at the Jerusalem Center, the program directors arranged a mock "Last Supper" event to walk us through the traditional Passover feast and the particular events of Christ's last supper with the apostles. It was unforgettable to read passages from the New Testament and then look out the window and see Jerusalem at my fingertips, and realize that there I was, sitting on the Mount of Olives...


We know that He lives, loves, and leads us today.

I first saw this slideshow in 2008 at a time when I really needed some perspective. Many of you may have seen the book it is based on, and maybe even this slideshow, but it has remained one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy it.


Happy Easter

2 comments:

Cullen said...

I'm a few days late . . . but I love the slide show. Those photos are amazing, in how they capture the spirit of a moment. Thanks for posting this!

Penelope Celeste said...

Kris,

I hope you still read this even though it's late. My parents just got back from Jerusalem on Sunday!!! They said it was absolutely life-changing and they want all of their children to go there. It made me think of when after your study abroad I said I really didn't have a huge desire to go. I feel rather silly for saying that. After seeing my parents pictures and hearing their stories, I really think it would be amazing. They were in awe at all they got to see and do. What a blessing that you've been!!!

Love and miss you.

Penn xox