BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 7, 2012

That was then...

One word to sum up the days and weeks leading up to the birth of our daughter:

ANTICIPATION

We couldn't wait to see her face, kiss her cheeks, cuddle her close, and even hear her cry. There really is something special about being pregnant, which I won't attempt to explain, but I wish every woman could have a pregnancy like mine (minus the diabetes part, of course) - even though it was automatically high-risk because of the diabetes, I didn't have a day of morning sickness, no complications, sleep was never a problem (even at 39 weeks), no cravings, no crazy hormone-induced mood swings - I was very lucky. Steve was lucky too. =)

I didn't post belly pictures on the internet (you know, the week by week progress comparing my belly to changing fruits/vegetables - the raspberry to pumpkin thing), but we just got these photos back from a maternity shoot that we did at the end of February and I thought I'd show all of you a small sampling of what I looked like with a belly.










When we picked my mom up from the airport the evening before Ainsley arrived, she still didn't believe that I was about to have a baby the next day...my belly was pretty deceiving the whole pregnancy. Regardless of appearance, our little one has arrived and our world has been changed for the better.

Stay tuned for pictures of the new arrival.

4 comments:

marie said...

Yeah! She has come! so excited for you! Hope you are getting some good rest. Can't wait to see pictures! I could have fit about 10 of your bellies inside of my prego belly. Seriously, I had strangers asking me how many babies I had in there :( ha ha!

Christie said...

I'm so glad everything went well. It makes wanting another on some much more fun. Congratulations on your new addition.

Jen Holtkamp said...

glad you had such a great pregnancy and that she's finally here! ainsley was larger than brent but my belly was probably three times bigger than yours!

Shan said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful name!!