BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 16, 2012

The Curse


I do not like cats.

The reason? I'm allergic.

Funny then how EVERY mascot I've ever been affiliated with happens to be some sort of feline.

Boulton Elementary BOBCATS
Mueller Park Junior High PANTHERS
Woods Cross High WILDCATS
Brigham Young University COUGARS
(UK schools don't have mascots so University of Edinburgh doesn't really apply here)

It gets even better....

When I got a job at Columbus State Community College, I picked up right where I left off:

CSCC COUGARS

Then I got another teaching job at Ohio Dominican University and literally laughed out loud when I was confronted with the university mascot:

ODU PANTHERS

It's a curse, I tell you. But it's coming to an end!

On 22 August 2012 I will officially start my Ph.D. in History of Art, and the mascot this time around isn't a cat....

It's a BUCKEYE!!!

I submitted my acceptance to Ohio State University last week. Pretty cool that Steve and I will now share alma mater's. OSU has been very good to us so far, and the next four years will continue that trend.

2 comments:

Jen Holtkamp said...

congratulations!!! (we don't like cats either :)

Ryan said...

Ann loves this post. I also like it as long as your hatred is centered on the feline race, and not any canine varieties.