BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 8, 2010

It's a boy and a girl!

Hiya! I have been terrible at this blogging thing, but I have my excuses. I have been applying to graduate schools and before that I was studying for the GMAT and GRE so I could apply for graduate schools. I will be getting my master's degree in Public Administration or Public Policy. I ended up applying for (and yes the font colors are also the school colors):

George Mason University in Washington, D.C.

Ohio State University in Columbus,OH

Old Dominion University in Norfolk, VA

University of Georgia in Athens, GA

Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, VA

The College of William & Mary in Williamsburg, VA

As you can tell Kristen and I would love to end up going to grad school in Virginia. I was considering applying to a school in Utah, U of U or BYU, so I could get a tuition break but then things started happening. I got an email from OSU on Monday informing me that I had been accepted into the graduate program. I was pretty thrilled to realize that graduate schools were interested in me and it boosted my confidence that I could get into a few more schools. And then the news came today that I had been accepted to William & Mary! William and Mary people! Of course I wasn't at home when I got the email and resorted to texting Kristen to let her know. That didn't quell the excitement though so I tried calling people to tell them but most people were too busy to talk. I have resorted to telling the blogging world about my new adventure in graduate school in hopes that others can share in my joy. I will be going somewhere next year and as William and Mary is the first school to offer me assistance, the other schools have their work cut out. So as of now Kristen and I are expecting a boy named William and a girl named Mary.

6 comments:

Kyle and Jessica said...

That is so awesome! We went back there on vacation, and stayed in Williamsburg. I completely fell in love with the college of William and Mary, and have a dream of living in Norfolk someday. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Glad you guys can keep having these fun adventures!

Sarah said...

Wow!! That is so awesome!! How exciting for you guys. And since you will be close to D.C. Kristen will have no shortage of museums to go to. We are so happy for you. Maybe we will have to plan a trip out there as well. It would be fun. Congrats Steve, we knew you would get into a good school!

Christie said...

That is fantastic. Congrats.

thack said...

Congratulations, Steve! This is excellent news. Especially since it means I will get to see a lot more of you and Kristen. Yay!

Whitney said...

Steve, that's so exciting! Congratulations! :)

Matt and Savannah said...

Congratulations! What exciting news! I have always thought it would be so fun to live back east.