BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 22, 2010

Adventures with missionaries

I’m a lousy blogger. I haven’t been motivated to blog in about forever, probably because I spend most of the day at work on a computer and by the time I come home I don’t even want to look at a computer screen. However, today I was given the day off and spent the day getting things done while waiting for Mr. Fix-it to come along and repair our bathroom door.

Lately Kristen and I haven’t been up to too many exciting things. The extent of our excitement comes from receiving emails from graduate schools and eating Indian food at least twice a week. We did manage to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this week, albeit a little differently. Kristen opted to wear green this year and I completely forgot. I was already dressed when I realized that wearing green wasn’t going to fit my outfit. I decided I’d take my chances and hope I didn’t get any pinches. Nobody touched me during the day, although it could have been because of what I decided to eat. For lunch I had Mexican and for dinner we did Thai. I could have had stewed cabbage and corned beef, but I figured I’d push St. Patrick’s Day to April 30th when I go to Dublin.

And speaking of the Irish, Elder Brophy finally got transferred. He has been here since the day I moved to Edinburgh and I have been on countless exchanges with him and his companion. Kristen and I have become almost one with the missionaries, at least on Preparation Day. Over the past six weeks we have had the following adventures:

Visited Craigmillar Castle in Edinburgh,


Went go-karting in Livingston,


Traveled to the super secret island that can only be accessed during low-tide,


Spent way too much time at a Mexican restaurant,


& played baseball


We saw Elder Brophy and his companion the night before he left. It was kind of a sorry night as most of us felt pretty ill. However, there is talk of a future road trip across America…whether it happens is another story.


So there you have it. I’ve blogged and included pictures too. I hope to blog more often and I’ll have to have some really adventures in order to come up with some good posts. Don’t worry folks, we have some great stuff up our sleeves.

1 comments:

Cullen said...

The first photo, with every castle window filled with a person, is fabulous! Worthy of framing!