BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Welcome to the family!....Almost.


Happy to report that my sister is officially engaged! WOO-HOO!!! I'm so excited for her and her fabulous fiance. Yes, Lindsay will soon be Mrs. Nathan Robinson. And the best part - this means I'm going to be related to a Texan! Oh happy day. I'm trying to convince them to cater their wedding with breakfast tacos, tamales, and agua fresca from my favorite donut/taco shop in San Antonio, but I don't think they're gonna go for it.
It's been very fun getting to know Nathan over this past year, but I have to say, the best memory I have is the first time I ever talked to him. I got a strange phone call back in August (they started dating in January 2009) that went something like this:
Stranger: "Hi, is this Kristen?"
Me: "Yeah, hi - who's this?"
Stranger: "This is Nathan Robinson - your sister's boyfriend."
Me: "Oh! Hey Nathan! How are you? We're excited to have you come in a couple weeks for the wedding."
Stranger/Nathan: "Yeah. Hey, I'm calling to let you know that your sister is stranded in Edinburgh and wants you to get in touch with her on gmail. Like, right now."
Me: "Ummm. Right. Okay. Well, nice to meet you - see you soon!"
And then I proceeded to try and find my homeless sister a place to stay since my parents had both sets of keys to my flat here in Edinburgh, while they were in a totally different part of Scotland. We're master planners, us Irvines, yes we are. =)
And so it went. Luckily, I met him in person the night before Steve and I got married since he came out to enjoy the festivities, and he passed the test with flying colors (you know, the younger-sister-approval kind of test...)! My sister has definitely met her match in Mr. Robinson. They're perfect for each other, and I couldn't be happier for them! So welcome to the family, Nathan - we're very happy to have you...


1 comments:

Melissa Clark said...

Congrats to her! Hi Kristen! I am finally getting around to following everyone's blogs! I am excited to follow your adventures! Check it out I finally made a family blog for you and all to follow so enjoy! :)
www.ouhappenstance.blogspot.com