BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, November 6, 2009

The Price is Right

So Kristen and I have this little game we like to play. Our neighborhood grocer closes rather late, 8 or 9 p.m. depending on the night, and we prefer to do a little shopping right before they close the doors as we have been known to find some good deals. Since we are going to the temple tomorrow we thought we should stock up on some munchies and maybe get a few other things. Here is everything we purchased.

Now this is the part where we need a little audience participation. We would like everyone to guess how much we spent on this evenings purchase. Of course we are on the Pound Sterling, though you can send in your guess using the USD (we'll google the exchange rate and pump out some magic numbers).

We have hand selected a few items for you to price. (Insert Bob Barker voice over here.) The first is a lovely bag of royal gala apples. These apples are home grown right here in the United Kingdom. Perfect for those sun shiny days of summer. And of course no picnic would be complete without. . .

a whole roasted chicken! This chicken is of the British variety and comes with two thighs, two breasts, two drumsticks and wings. The one thing you won't find on this chicken is a price that's too high!

And no one wants to eat apples or a chicken alone so we'll throw in six freshly made baguettes for you and your five friends. These baguettes were baked this morning and blah, blah, blah. I think you get my drift.

So there you have it folks. Kristen and I have made the purchase and will be enjoying the temple tomorrow. That should give you enough time to ponder over our purchase. We'd like to say the winner of our little competition can take these prizes home but I don't think you want stale bread, rotten apples, or smelly chicken. However we can mention your name in the follow up post. Until then. . . you're the next contestant on The Price is Right!

6 comments:

TheCoys said...

Based on the nature of this post, I would guess that you got it all for pretty cheap, so my guess is 4.75USD. Is that like 3.08EUR?

Cullen said...

Hmmm . . . I'm going to guess $6.80 US, which translates to about 4.10 lbs.

I'm pretty sure I got the abbreviation for pounds correct . . . :-p

Penelope Wing said...

Hmmm... seeing as I've lived in the UK, I should have an idea of how much these things cost. However, I can only make an educated guess on things like the crisps or digestives, as I didn't eat healthy things like gala apples and roasted chicken. =)

Penelope Celeste said...

Oh, and enjoy the temple! x x x

Sarah said...

Let's see, I will say the chicken was about $15 and the bread was $6 and the apples were $8. I do kinda have an advantage b/c you told us last week when we talked to you that chicken was way overpriced.

Kyle and Jessica said...

I'm going to guess that it all cost $5.79, but only because you said you got a good deal!