BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, September 13, 2009

L-O-V-E

Recently we were married and of course even more recently we have been seperated due to the visa requirements of the UK. So I have been thinking a lot, because let's face it, I don't have anything else better to do. The Nat King Cole song, "L-O-V-E," has been running through my mind and I decided that I should change some of the lyrics:

L is for the lonliness I feel
O is for my overseas affair
V is very, very frustrated by a visa
E is even more than anyone can every imagine

I could continue but let's not worry about it anymore. But Kristen has made it to Scotland and I have managed to retain my sanity. I went to church today and it turns out that the Elders Quroum President in the ward I'm attending is from Scotland. When I told him that Kristen is going to the University of Edinburgh he was a little disturbed because he went to the rival University of Glasgow. Interesting how small the world can be. But apparently his parents, who still live in Glasgow, will be moving down to Preston, England to be the temple president and matron. This happens to be the temple in our district. And this next part is for Whitney. Craig, the husband of the couple I'm staying with, went to school in Grenoble, France. This just happens to be the place where my fellow teacher in Taiwan went after her stint in Taiwan. So apparently there is some reason why I'm suppose to stay in America while my wife gets things started in Scotland.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Wow~ what a small world! :) That's pretty cool that he went to school in Grenoble. I bet we know some of the same people from church. I hope you get your visa very soon, Steve!

kristen kathleen said...

An overseas affair, eh? Wahaha!!!! Nice rendition of L-O-V-E. It's quite depressing, but hits the mark perfectly. Can't wait until the UK gets their act together on your visa so that you can join your little lass over here in Edinburgh...
And thanks for posting on the family blog. I'll get there one of these days. I probably ought to pull out my camera though, and take some pictures of the cool place where you'll be living. =)