BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Since moving to Ohio, I haven't done much with my floral design business - nothing actually.  Que triste.  However, when it came time to plan for Young Women activities for 2012 I offered to teach the girls how to make corsages for Mother's Day.  A fun skill to learn, and I got to get back into floral design on a small scale.

Here are a few of the many wonderful creations - I was impressed!


 Maddie


Anya 


Rachel 

Mine and Megan's - I made this quick demo as a template

It was fun to see the mothers wearing their corsages at church on Sunday.  What talented Young Women I get to work with!

{Corsage flowers: Roses, spray roses, button mums, bear grass, leatherleaf}

And speaking of Mother's Day - mine was lovely.  Being my first, Steve spoiled me from sun-up to sundown and it started with breakfast in bed.  From the looks of things, I'm guessing it had been a long night.  =)


Please notice the condiments.  Maple syrup (for the pancakes, of course) and chipotle tabasco sauce.  I know I'm weird, but my eggs cannot be consumed without the latter.  He even arranged some flowers for me!

 Bug was on her best behavior, which made for a very pleasant day.

And speaking of floral design stuff, I found these photos from my brother's wedding back in 2005 and jumped for joy.  I thought I had lost them.  This is one of my favorite weddings of all time since my brother trusted me completely with the flowers.  It was the first wedding I ever completed, and I had total control.  When I asked Scott for advice on what he and Natalia wanted, he basically said, "it's up to you - we trust you."

The results were phenomenal and it was entirely due to the flowers (an arrangement on every fence post & table): snapdragons, solidago (goldenrod), delphiniums, daisies, and stock.  The venue was perfect for this flower combination/color scheme, and it was a beautiful June day.  Fun memories!
   


Flowers make me oh so happy.

1 comments:

Jen Holtkamp said...

i forgot that you do flowers - that's an awesome talent! happy first mother's day to you! :) -jen