BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

5 Years Ago



I couldn't let today slip by without sharing a few thoughts.

Five years ago - 18 January 2006 - I found myself in the Provo Missionary Training Center embarking on one of the wildest rides of my life - an LDS mission to the Texas San Antonio Mission.

Nine weeks after that and with a little Spanish under my belt, I found myself in the heart of the TSAM. I had no idea then how much the next sixteen months would shape the rest of my life.

Five years later - 18 January 2011 - I still think about my mission on a regular basis - the people, the land, the lessons, the challenges, the hysterical moments, the mistakes, the lack of sleep (or so it felt), the miracles, coming to know and feel pure joy, pure love and so much more. Words are inadequate to capture it all.

I loved my mission and I cherish its ongoing effects.

For all of you TSAMers out there...

les amo

***

2 comments:

Lauren Kay said...

I think about my mission all the time too. Best decision I made. I hit my four year coming home this spring. It's so weird that it's been four years!

Jen Holtkamp said...

i always am thinking about my mission too and still remember my 'anniversaries' ha, ha! definitely a once in a lifetime experience! :) -jen