BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 25, 2010

"I Married Adventure"

I married adventure.

Indeed I did.

I know I promised to start blogging about our lives in Ohio, but a package in the mail today altered my plans.

We got a CD full of pictures taken last month by the talented Mrs. Taylor!
(You can check out her photography blog here)


When Jalene asked us what sort of "look" we were going for, this was the response: "We want to get back to our beginnings - simple yet fun." After a jam-packed year of work, graduate school, and some world travels, we just wanted to take a breath and remember how this whole thing - Team Adams - got started. So yes, this photo shoot was sentimental because it took me and Steve back to 1) where we went on our first date, 2) where we met, and 3) where we partied on 09/03/09 at our wedding reception - which happened to be at the same place as #2. We had five days together in Utah after getting back from Asia and it was nice to take an afternoon and forget about everything we had just done, everything we'd be doing shortly, to just enjoy the moment. A big thank-you to Jalene for working with our schedules in that small window of time before Steve left for Ohio.


Location #1: SLC Public Library

The last first date.


The title of this post comes from the book I'm holding - "I Married Adventure." Steve's holding a book about Scotland.

Marriage. Adventure. Scotland.
Who knew they were synonymous?





The funny thing is that we never ventured over to the library stacks on our first date. We spent most of the time along the North wall of the library (the cool slanting window with a great view and comfortable chairs) people-watching and talking about.....you guessed it, Taiwan.





Love the artistic shot from the roof.


People thought we were taking Engagement pictures - haha! Totally funny, but not too crazy an assumption.








Location #2: Fort Douglas (U of U campus, technically)

Where we met.


Steve thinks he looks like a grandpa. Pretty handsome grandpa if you ask me.


Dear Santa...
(hehehe - I really like this picture. so natural and fun.)


Love this one.


We were first introduced to this pose by our wedding photographer, Brody Dezember. He told Steve to stick his nose in my ear while whispering sweet nothings to me at the same time. Obedient as ever, Steve did as he was told. Only problem - I have really ticklish ears (a new discovery at the time), which means all we did was laugh. A year later and it's basically the same story. We're glad Jalene uses it too.


This is where our EFY company "Turn Away" met for all lessons, activities, study sessions, etc. I included this particular shot because we both cracked up at the Mister's facial expression. Not even sure how to describe it, but we both think it's hilarious.



Just imagine sixteen teenagers by our sides...



Another fave, for sure.
Something Jalene is really good at is capturing people in positions that highlight natural interactions and emotions.



The last time we were in this particular spot, I was in a beautiful gown and Steve was looking sharp in his tuxedo - even after he got nailed by the sprinklers. This is on the North side of the Officer's Club, also at Fort Douglas, which is where we had our wedding reception. Such sweet memories that we'll never forget.


Thanks again Jalene!

And for the rest of you, if you haven't already, you really should go and check out her blog.

6 comments:

Jalene said...

Thanks for saying such nice things about me Kristen!! I'm so happy when my clients like their pictures! It was fun to hang out with you.

joseph said...

Wonderful photography. When the great game of hide-and-seek finally reveals Mrs. Castleton, I hope our pictures can measure up to these.

Unknown said...

Love the pictures. They turned out great. Welcome back to the states. Hope you have as much fun in Ohio as you did in Scotland.

Cullen said...

These are FABULOUS photos! They really capture the love I've seen between you two. Thanks for sharing.

Jen Holtkamp said...

love these pictures of you two - so adorable! can't wait to see you guys in person! :) -jen

Lauren Kay said...

Such cute pictures! I like Jalene's work. (I follow her because she married a mission friend!)

And, I'm really weirded out why all these blogs are just barely coming up in my google reader like three weeks later!